This Green Juice recipe made with kale, pineapple, apple, cucumber, celery, lemon, lime and ginger is a revitalizing blend that will kickstart your day.
You’re going to love this delicious green juice recipe. If you watched our green juice video on YouTube you’ll see that even our toddler loves this green juice!
With juicing you do lose the fiber from the fruits and vegetables in what we call juice pulp. An excellent way to use leftover juice pulp is in muffins, crackers, smoothies, and even pancakes like our juice pulp pancakes!
- Kale – High in vitamins A, C, and K; rich in antioxidants; supports eye health.
- Pineapple – Contains bromelain for digestion; high in vitamin C; anti-inflammatory properties.
- Apple – Provides vitamins and minerals; supports heart health.
- Cucumber – Hydrating; low in calories; contains antioxidants; supports skin health.
- Lemon – High in vitamin C; aids digestion; alkalizing properties.
- Lime – Rich in vitamin C; supports immune function; adds refreshing flavor.
- Ginger – Anti-inflammatory; aids digestion; contains antioxidants.
Some delicious additions would be
- Spinach or Swiss Chard – You can boost the green goodness with additional leafy greens like spinach or Swiss chard.
- Mint Leaves – This adds a refreshing twist and a hint of minty flavor for extra freshness.
- Cilantro or Parsley – They’re not just for garnish! Introduce herbs like cilantro or parsley for added nutrients and a unique flavor
Together these ingredients create a nutrient-rich and flavorful juice with a variety of health benefits! (source)
How to make Green Juice
Prepare the produce
- Wash the kale thoroughly, remove stems, and cut it into manageable pieces.
- Peel the pineapple, remove the skin, and cut it into chunks.
- Wash and cut the celery into smaller pieces.
- Core the apple and cut it into chunks.
- Wash the cucumber and cut it into suitable pieces.
- Peel the lemon and lime, removing seeds.
- Cut a 1-2″ knob of ginger.
Set up your juicer according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Begin by juicing the kale, pineapple, celery, apple, cucumber, lemon, lime, and ginger, one ingredient at a time. We always load the greens first in our Nama J2 juicer.
Ensure that each ingredient is properly processed to extract maximum juice.
Once all the ingredients are juiced we use our 64 ounce Vitamix container to mix and easily pour into glasses. You can also use a pitcher.
Drink the juice immediately to experience the freshness and maximize nutrient content. If you’re using a cold juicer you can store in the refrigerator for up to 72 hours.
Recipe Tips and Alterations:
- Use only fruits and veggies with orange and yellow pigments if you want a TRUE green juice. If you add beets or carrots it will turn brown.
- The addition of lemon and lime give this juice a nice brightness.
- We recommend using a cold press juicer (masticating) so you can enjoy your juice for up to 72 to hours to optimal nutrients. A fast juicer like a centrifugal doesn’t extract as much nutrients and also yields less juice and heats up the juice which leads to nutrient loss.
- If you prefer a smoother juice, you can strain it to remove any remaining pulp. Use a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
- If you’re using a juicer like us you won’t need to process the fruit and veggies into smaller pieces.
- You can adjust the quantities of ingredients based on personal preferences.
How to store, reheat, or freeze:
- Refrigerate: We recommend consuming as soon as possible to get the most nutrients, ideally within 2 days, but you can refrigerate for at least 72 hours.
- Freeze: Freeze fresh squeezed juice for up to 4-6 months.
- Defrosting: To defrost frozen juice we recommend doing so in the refrigerator and enjoying once defrosted. You can also use ice cubes and blend into smoothies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! We recommend using in baked goods, smoothies, nice creams, and even our juice pulp pancakes!
It will have sweetness from the pineapple and apple. We suggest using a sweeter apple like Fuji if you want more sweetness and finding a Honeyglow pineapple as they’re sweeter.
Green Juice Recipe
(click stars to vote)Print Pin Save
- 1 bunch kale cleaned and stems removed
- 1 pineapple skin removed and cut into chunks
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 apple cored and cut into chunks
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lemon peeled and seeds removed
- 1 lime peeled
- 1 knob ginger about 1-2"
- Wash and prepare your produce.
- Add the produce to your juicer and juice all of your fruits and veggies.
- Enjoy after juicing or refrigerate and enjoy within 72 hours if you're using a cold press juicer.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.