Drink up this healthy Banana Smoothie with Yogurt whether you’re on the run or staying in, it’s a refreshing and nutritional smoothie to start the day.
We love yogurt smoothies! We use organic kefir yogurt drinks without any added sugars or flavors and then add all the flavors at home. Made in just minutes!
Banana Smoothie With Yogurt – so good and so easy to make!
By making food at home you not only control the quality but also control what goes into the final product. Not many people realize that even those organic and all natural smoothie drinks can contain as much if not more sugar than a can of soda.
This smoothie contains sugar as well, but it’s all real fruit and a nominal amount is from Kefir or greek yogurt.
Bananas are the secret to making your banana smoothie with yogurt naturally sweet:
- Bananas are regularly used to recipes in place of sugar. Use a banana that is really ripe. A banana with brown spots is far sweeter than a banana that is under ripe. Many buy bananas just to let them ripen and freeze for things like banana nice cream and smoothies.
- Bananas are filled with potassium, vitamin B-6 , fiber and they are an excellent after workout snack. In fact, this yogurt smoothie is a great post workout smoothie if you’re looking to recover. Add in a little bit of peanut butter for even more protein if needed.
- Brown bananas are easier to digest for those who get bloated after eating a banana we suggest consuming them once they’re fully ripe.
This recipe can be made in any blender, but we find that we get the best results with our Vitamix orBlendtec high speed blenders. Our yogurt smoothie is so quick and easy to make and a great breakfast addition. This something we make when we want something sweet while still keeping it healthy.
You can simply add in any other fruits (or even veggies) you’d like in your smoothie. For this, we wanted to keep it simple and we love the flavor of banana shining. It’s a great breakfast smoothie or even a dessert smoothie if you consider bananas dessert worthy, we do!
- 2 fresh or frozen bananas
- 2 cups plain whole milk kefir 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt + 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients into your blender and enjoy.
Another option is to use frozen or fresh bananas. When the weather is cooler we’ll just do fresh bananas, but when it’s warmer out we love to enjoy it with frozen for an icy cold treat.
If you liked this smoothie you’ll definitely love our Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie Recipe. This combines all of our favorite ingredients for breakfast, but in a drinkable smoothie form. So delicious and it’s kiddo approved!
even try out this one from Courtney’s Sweets