Drink up this healthy Banana Smoothie with Yogurt whether you’re on the run or staying in, it’s a refreshing and nutritional smoothie to start the day.
We love yogurt smoothies! This banana smoothie recipe does not disappoint. We use organic kefir drinks without any added sugars or flavors and then add all the flavors at home. Made in just minutes!
The BEST Banana Smoothie With Yogurt – so good and so easy to make!
You can use frozen or fresh bananas. When the weather is cooler we’ll just do fresh bananas, but when it’s warmer out we love to enjoy it with frozen for an icy cold treat, we may even add more bananas to make it extra creamy, just note that there will be more sugar content for the more bananas you add. You could also freeze your yogurt/kefir to make it creamier.
By making food at home you not only control the quality but also control what goes into the final product. Not many people realize that even those organic and all natural smoothie drinks can contain as much if not more sugar than a can of soda. We use a reusable silicone bag to freeze our overripe bananas, overripe is perfect for smoothies, nice creams, and smoothie bowls, not just baking.
While this smoothie contains sugar, it’s all real fruit and a nominal amount is from Kefir or greek yogurt.
Bananas are the secret to making your banana smoothie with yogurt naturally sweet:
- Bananas are regularly used to recipes in place of sugar. Use a banana that is really ripe. A banana with brown spots is far sweeter than a banana that is under ripe. Many buy bananas just to let them ripen and freeze for things like banana nice cream and smoothies.
- Bananas are filled with potassium, vitamin B-6 , fiber and they are an excellent after workout snack. In fact, this yogurt smoothie is a great post workout smoothie if you’re looking to recover. Add in a little bit of peanut butter for even more protein if needed.
- Brown bananas are easier to digest for those who get bloated after eating a banana we suggest consuming them once they’re fully ripe.
This recipe can be made in any blender, but we find that we get the best results with our Vitamix orBlendtec high speed blenders. Our yogurt smoothie is so quick and easy to make and a great breakfast addition. This something we make when we want something sweet while still keeping it healthy.
You can simply add in any other fruits (or even veggies) you’d like in your smoothie. For this, we wanted to keep it simple and we love the flavor of banana shining. It’s a great breakfast smoothie or even a dessert smoothie if you consider bananas dessert worthy, we do!
When we make our banana smoothie we always use a good quality vanilla extract! The flavor of your vanilla will definitely impact the flavor of your smoothie if it has an artificial taste.
Banana Smoothie with Yogurt
- 2 fresh or frozen bananas
- 2 cups plain whole milk kefir or mixture of greek yogurt + milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients into your blender and enjoy.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
Pin our Banana Smoothie with yogurt to save for later
If you liked this smoothie you’ll definitely love our Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie Recipe. This combines all of our favorite ingredients for breakfast but in a drinkable smoothie form. So delicious and it’s kiddo approved!
For another treat, our strawberry mango smoothie always hits the spot!