Our Vegan Nachos with Black Beans are dressed and ready for a hungry crowd! This Mexican appetizer is vegan and gluten-free.
Everyone loves Nachos! I look forward to every Taco Tuesday and whenever we have leftover Mexican Black beans it’s time for loaded nachos. We also love making this for game nights, parties, and of course Cinco de Mayo!
We make fully loaded vegan nachos – all the toppings! You can use as many toppings as you like piled on gluten free yellow tortilla chips.
You can use storebought or homemade. We have a few recipes that are perfect for topping nachos.
- Mexican Black Beans
- Taco Sauce
- Pico De Gallo
- Mango Salsa
- Shredded Lettuce
- Vegan Shredded Cheese
- Plant Based Sour Cream or Yogurt.
- Hot sauce
- Refried Beans
- Green Onions
- Sliced Jalapenos
How to make Vegan Nachos
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place your favorite corn tortilla chips on a baking sheet.
Top with our Mexican Black Beans and shredded cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the beans are warm and cheese is a little melty. (Most vegan cheeses will not fully melt)
Remove from the oven and top with guacamole, shredded lettuce, and pico de gallo.
This recipe doesn’t stick to the pan too much and it’s pretty easy to clean up. We use USA Bakeware that has a silicone nonstick coating and have been very happy with them.
tips for the best Vegan Nachos
- To make this an oil-free recipe use fresh corn tortillas and bake them in the oven before using.
- Keep the beans thick so they don’t make the chips soggy.
- If you’re using leftover beans heat them up a little before putting onto the chips.
- Always preheat your oven and let it come to temperature – don’t toss into a cold oven.
- Prep the toppings ahead so you can easily toss together.
- Use a sturdy chip – this way it’s easy to scoop!
- Skip the flavored tortilla chips – they can really take away from the dish.
- You can use storebought Pico De Gallo or Guacamole to save time if needed.
- These vegan nachos can easily be made into vegetarian nachos if you do not follow a vegan diet by using non-plant based cheese.
Vegan Nachos with Black Beans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tortilla chips on a baking sheet.
- Top the chips with black beans and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the beans are warm and cheese is a little melty.
- Remove from the oven and top with guacamole, shredded lettuce, and pico de gallo.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.