Make our refreshing Beet Juice with a little orange, lemon, and carrots to give it a bright taste, no dirt tasting juice here!
You’re going to love this delicious beet juice! There is zero dirt taste and it is super refreshing. If you don’t like lemon you could use lime in it’s place.
Kids even love this fresh juice recipe it’s so good! Another kid favorite juice recipe is our Orange Carrot Juice.
When you’re juicing you do lose a lot of fiber from the fruits and vegetables in what we call juice pulp. A great way to use leftover juice pulp is in muffins, crackers, smoothies, and even pancakes like our juice pulp pancakes!
- Beets – Beets are so good for you and have a beautiful color. Don’t forget to wash them well.
- Carrots – We love the sweetness the carrots give this juice recipe.
- Oranges – Beets have a strong flavor and the oranges really help counter that.
- Lemon – We are huge fans of lemon and always add a fresh lemon to most juices, you can add more orange or even lime if preferred.
How to make Beet Juice
Prep your fruits and veggies.
Place into your juicer and then pour the juice into a glass to enjoy now or a beverage container to refrigerate until ready to drink.
Recipe Tips and Alterations:
- Wash and peel the beets to remove the dirt taste. Many people associate beets with a dirt taste and well, they do grow in the ground. Give them a good scrub and peeling also helps remove that taste.
- The addition of lemon, carrots, and oranges really give this beet juice a nice brightness.
- We recommend using a cold press juicer (masticating) so you can enjoy your juice for up to 72 to hours to optimal nutrients. A fast juicer like a centrifugal doesn’t extract as much nutrients and also yields less juice and heats up the juice which leads to nutrient loss.
How to store, reheat, or freeze:
- Refrigerate: We recommend consuming as soon as possible to get the most nutrients, ideally within 2 days, but you can refrigerate for at least 72 hours.
- Freeze: Freeze fresh squeezed juice for up to 4-6 months.
- Defrosting: To defrost frozen juice we recommend doing so in the refrigerator and enjoying once defrosted. You can also use ice cubes and blend into smoothies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! We recommend using in baked goods, smoothies, nice creams, and even our juice pulp pancakes!
Oh yes, it’s beets make a lovely dye.. please be careful when handling beets and the juice. It can even stain your fingers.
(click stars to vote)Print Pin Save
- 3 beets peeled
- 3-4 medium carrots peeled
- 2 oranges peeled and seeds removed
- 1 lemon peeled and seeds removed
- Place all of the ingredients into a cold juicer and juice.
- Enjoy the juice or refrigerate for up to 72 hours.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.