This Chickpea Salad is a light and refreshing summer salad recipe and you can easily add in more veggies too! It’s vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and plant-based.
Salads are abundant in the summer, there are so many delicious salads to choose from and you can easily adapt the recipe to your specific dietary needs.
We love wrapping it up in a freshly grilled pita pocket with some hummus and grilled veggies. If you love a salad with fresh herbs and chopped fresh veggies this is for you, it’s even great for meal prepping.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKPEA SALAD
You only need a few ingredients to make this delicious chickpea salad.
- Chickpeas: You can use homemade chickpeas or canned, these add a decent amount of protein.
- Persian Cucumber: Persian Cucumbers have no seeds, they’re smaller, like a baby cucumber. If you cannot find these you can use 1/3 of an English cucumber.
- Roma Tomatoes: Roma tomatoes are firm and easy to remove the seeds.
- Red Pepper: Red peppers add sweetness, vitamin C, B6, and folate – feel free to add the whole thing or snack on the other half.
- Red Onion: Red onions add another crunch, a little bitterness, and beautiful color.
- Lemon Juice: The lemon juice adds acidity and brightness.
- Herbs: Fresh Parsley is our herb of choice for this fresh salad, you could also add in cilantro if you’d like.
- Seasoning: Salt completes this and brings all the flavors together. You can leave out if needed.
- Combine: Chop up the vegetables into bite size pieces and mix into a bowl with the chickpeas. Chop the parsley and mix with the lemon juice and salt. Pour over the salad and toss to combine.
HOW LONG DOES CHICKPEA SALAD LAST?
This salad should last about 4 days in the fridge stored in an airtight container.
more summer salad recipes:
- Israeli Salad
- Shirazi Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- Watermelon Salad
- Shopska Salad
- Cucumber Salad
- Quinoa Salad
(click stars to vote)Print Pin
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1 Persian cucumber
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/8 cup red onion
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Chop up the vegetables into bite size pieces and mix into a bowl with the chickpeas.
- Chop the parsley and mix with the lemon juice and salt.
- Pour the lemon juice and parsley mixture over the salad and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you can't find Persian cucumbers you can use 1/3 of an English cucumber.
- Need more sauce? You can add more lemon juice or add in some olive oil if you're not following an oil-free diet.
- Easily double or triple this recipe for entertaining.
- Like most mixed salads, it's even better the next day.
- This salad should last about 4 days in the fridge stored in an airtight container.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.