Air Fryer Peach Fritters are a homemade peach fritter that is cooked to golden perfection in the air fryer. This is a great way to use up peaches for a tasty breakfast or brunch fritter.
The air fryer is so quick to cook these fritters, so before you know it you have a warm and delicious melt in your mouth peach fritter to serve up.
Plus you can freeze any fritters you don’t eat right away, to reheat for later. A great make-ahead breakfast you just reheat when you want to eat.
Recipe ingredients and notes:
- All Purpose Flour – Make sure to scoop the flour into the measuring cup, and level it off.
- Granulated Sugar – The perfect way to sweeten the fritter without making it too sweet.
- Baking Powder – The baking powder is going to be the leavening agent in the fritter batter.
- Ground Cinnamon – Cinnamon really compliments the peaches in this breakfast dish. You can even add in 1/2 teaspoon more if you really like cinnamon.
- Milk – If you want you can use whole milk for a richer flavor or do less for a lighter fritter.
- Egg – The egg is going to bind the ingredients in the batter. Just make sure to mix the egg in to combine the ingredients.
- Butter – You will use just a bit of butter. I do recommend real butter vs margarine.
- Peach – You can use fresh peaches, frozen peaches, or even drain canned peaches to use.
- Canola Oil – This is to spritz on the outside of the batter to help give it a golden brown texture once it is air fried.
For the full ingredient amount and full instructions on how to make air fryer peach fritters see the recipe card below.
Start by placing your flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
Next, you will add the melted butter and egg. Mix to combine the batter to create no more lumps of flour.
Next, you will fold in the peaches and mix to combine the dough. Don’t overmix or it will mash up the peaches.
Place parchment paper in the air fryer and form your fritters. Make sure to leave room between the balls of dough. Air Fry as directed.
Once done remove from the air fryer, and feel free to make a powdered sugar glaze to drizzle on the top, or even dust with powdered sugar.
Recipe Tips and Alterations:
- Spritzing the outside of the dough with cooking oil will help to create a nice golden color on the fritters.
- Feel free to swap out the peach with another variety of fruit. It will work just the same. For apples or other fruits with thicker skin, I do recommend peeling.
- If you do not own an air fryer you can bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the fritters are fully cooked.
- Preheating the air fryer for 5 minutes helps ensure the air fryer is ready to go when you put your fritters in the air fryer.
- Use a cookie scoop for uniform sized fritters.
- If you’d like to make the glaze, just combine 2 cups of powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Then whisk until smooth and drizzle over the cooled fritters.
Storage and reheating tips:
- Refrigerate: Store any leftover peach fritters in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Freeze: Store any fritters in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 1-2 months.
How to serve:
Fritters can be served for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert. These are so simple to make and ingredients you might already have in your pantry.
Frequently asked questions
Fritters depending on where you get them are made from a flour based dough. Some use yeast to give it a more fluffy texture. Others don’t like this fritter recipe here.
If you find your fritter batter isn’t thick enough you can add a bit more flour and mix to combine. Then once it has a thicker consistency you are ready to cook.
Since fritters are kind of plopped onto the pan to bake you will find if the fruit releases too much liquid it can cause the fritters to break apart pretty easily. Also overcooking or having too much flour can cause the fritters to fall apart.
Air Fryer Peach Fritters
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 medium peach diced (about ½ cup)
- Spray canola oil
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add in the milk, egg, and melted butter and stir to combine– mix just until no large lumps of flour remain.
- Next, fold the peaches into the batter.
- Use a small cookie scoop to drop the fritters onto the parchment paper and cook them at 365 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, or until they are golden and brown on the outside.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and repeat until all the batter is used.
- Enjoy while warm and store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
Did you try this recipe? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Don’t forget to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @knowyourproduce on Instagram and hashtag it #knowyourproduce so we can share it!