Enjoy a healthy Cucumber Tomato Salad with our homemade Italian Dressing. This is a great side dish and also great over salads.
Make a big batch of this salad for parties or make enough for meal prep. It’s excellent over a bowl of fresh greens and you could even add your favorite plant-based proteins or cheese.
INGREDIENTS FOR CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD
- Cucumbers – you can use Persian, seedless, or regular.
- Tomatoes – we had beefsteak on hand, but you can use any tomatoes, from heirloom to grape tomatoes.
- Red Onion – not only does it give a pop of color, but also a peppery bite.
- Italian Salad Dressing – this brings it all together and adds tons of flavor.
For this recipe we use our homemade dressing, you could use your favorite store-bought if preferred. We definitely think this is a great dressing and it’s even better once the salad has a chance to sit in the dressing in the refrigerator for a few hours.
When you let it soak in the fridge in the dressing it gets into the veggies, the vinegar breaks it down a bit and really melds all the flavors together.
HOW TO MAKE CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD
Slice and chop the cucumbers and tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
Chop the onions into smaller pieces.
Add the veggies to a large bowl and cover with Italian dressing, mix until combined.
Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
HOW LONG TO STORE CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD
You can store it in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Depending on the tomatoes you’ll want to use sooner or later. If the tomatoes aren’t breaking down fast you should be able to enjoy up to 5 days.
MORE EASY SALAD RECIPES:
- Shirazi Salad
- Watermelon Salad with Cucumber and Mint
- Shopska Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- Israeli Salad
- Chickpea Salad
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad
- You can use a storebought dressing or make your own homemade.
- Store this in the refrigerator for 3-5 days depending on how long the tomatoes you use stay fresh, grape tomatoes will last the longest.
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 1 large cucumber english
- 1 large tomato
- 1/4 cup red onion
- Slice and chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion.
- Add the veggies to a large bowl and cover with Italian dressing, mix until combined.
- Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.