Black Bean Tacos are perfect for Taco Tuesday or any day! These tacos are vegan, gluten free, and packed with tons of flavor.
Have you ever made black bean tacos? Black beans are an excellent swap for meat in tacos, they’re filling and also have a decent amount of protein. This meal is perfect for Meatless Monday to add more plant-based meal options into your life.
What do you put in black bean tacos?
Once you add the Mexican black beans you can add whatever you like! We love adding fresh Pico de Gallo, shredded lettuce (we use romaine lettuce), homemade taco sauce, shredded vegan cheddar cheese, and guacamole on the side.
We use fresh corn tortillas or grain free taco shells.
tips for the best black bean tacos
- We recommend using corn tortillas and heating them slightly on the stove top, in the oven, or on a hot pan. a
- The black beans can easily be doubled or tripled for more guests – if you want to bulk with other ingredients you can add roasted veggies, quinoa, rice, corn, or other salsas as other options.
- You can also use cooked chickpeas or lentils in place of the black beans.
- Keep the tortillas warm by wrapping in a clean cloth towel.
- If you want grain free tacos we highly recommend Siete tortilla and hard taco shells.
Mexican Black Beans
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican Black Beans
- 5 Corn Tortillas
- Warm the corn tortillas in a hot skillet, 2 minutes per side.
- Stuff the tortillas with the black beans, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, cheese, and drizzle on hot sauce.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.