Roasted red peppers blended and mixed into a delicious, rich and creamy mac and cheese! Our daughter is a huge fan of pasta. We try to limit pasta to once a week and when we have it we like to have fun. She loves colorful food and it has to have flavor! By adding roasted peppers into her otherwise white mac and cheese we get a pretty orange mac and cheese!
The other day I shared a post on how to make roasted red peppers, so be sure to check that out if you’re not sure how make them This roasted red pepper cheese isn’t just excellent on pasta it’s also perfect for pretzel dip, cheesy veggies, or on french fries.. I know.. I’m crazy!
- 1½ teaspoon butter
- 1½ teaspoon flour
- ½ cup half & half
- ½ roasted red pepper, pureed
- 4 ounces chopped or shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce shredded parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of smoked paprika
- In a sauce pan melt butter, once melted and bubbly add in the flour until your roux is nice and combined. Put the heat on medium-low and add in the half and half mixing until it's combined with the roux. Add in the roasted pepper, stir to combine. Mix in the cheddar, parmesan, and paprika mixing until the cheese is fully melted. Add to desired amount of pasta and keep the remaining cheese mixture in the fridge for 2-3 days.