Roasted Red Pepper Mac and Cheese makes for a creamy and delicious side dish that’s comforting and sure to be a family favorite recipe!
Roasted red peppers blended and mixed into a delicious, rich and creamy mac and cheese! Our daughter is a huge fan of pasta. We try to limit pasta to once a week and when we have it we like to have fun. She loves colorful food and it has to have flavor!
By adding roasted peppers into her otherwise white mac and cheese we get a pretty orange mac and cheese! They adding roasted peppers into her otherwise white mac and cheese we get a pretty orange mac and cheese! The smoked paprika in this recipe really gives it a little something special, definitely a good thing!
The other day I shared a post on how to make roasted red peppers, so be sure to check that out if you’re not sure how to make them. This roasted red pepper cheese isn’t just excellent on pasta it’s also perfect for pretzel dip, cheesy veggies, or on french fries!
how to make roasted red pepper mac and cheese
- Roasted red peppers are the star so first, you’ll want to transfer to a blender or food processor the amount you’ll need for this recipe. You can make it chunky or smooth.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, you’ll melt the butter and then add in the flour to make a roux.
- Slowly add in the half and half mixing until the roux is thickened and mixed into the cream.
- Add in the roasted pepper and then the parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Stir gently until the cheese is fully melted.
- You can add in onion powder and hot sauce for even more flavor. Once it’s done you can salt and pepper to taste.
- In a saucepan melt butter, once melted and bubbly add in the flour until your roux is nice and combined. Put the heat on medium-low and add in the half and half mixing until it’s combined with the roux. Add the roasted pepper, stir to combine. Mix in the cheddar, parmesan, and paprika mixing until the cheese is fully melted. Stir into pasta and enjoy.
I love using my stainless steel pan, but you can use nonstick if you prefer.
Roasted Red Pepper Macaroni and Cheese
(click stars to vote)Print Pin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 roasted red pepper pureed
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese chopped or shredded
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese shredded
- pinch smoked paprika
- 1 lb pasta cooked
- In a saucepan melt butter, once melted and bubbly add in the flour until your roux is nice and combined.
- Put the heat on medium-low and add in the half and half mixing until it's combined with the roux.
- Add the roasted pepper, stir to combine.
- Mix in the cheddar, parmesan, and paprika mixing until the cheese is fully melted.
- Stir into pasta and enjoy.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.