Roasted Baby Potatoes with Garlic and Parsley is full of flavor. The potatoes are creamy and the roasted garlic will have you coming back from more too! This vegan side dish is also gluten free.
Why use mini potatoes? Mini potatoes take a fraction of the time to cook, if you love traditional baked potatoes you’ll love these baby baked potatoes. You can use any color potato you prefer, we always recommend using organic potatoes whenever possible. Many local wholesale stores will have 4lb bags of baby potatoes in this tri-color assortment for an affordable price.
how to roast baby potatoes
- Wash and cut the potatoes in half. If some potatoes are small you can keep them whole and if some are too large you and come them into 3 pieces instead of halves.
- Oil and season the potatoes and place them cut size down on a baking sheet with lots of fresh chopped garlic.
- The potatoes should take about 20 minutes to a half hour to cook. You do not need to toss them or flip thanks to putting them cut side down.
Since we’re roasting the potatoes at 425 degrees F you’ll need to use a high smoke point oil, not regular olive oil.
can I add other vegetables to these oven roasted potatoes?
Absolutely! Toss in broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and everyone always loves roasted baby potatoes and carrots! When adding other vegetables keep in mind the cook time will need to be the same for both, unless you cook the potatoes first and then add the other vegetables that don’t take as long a few minutes in.
more potato side dishes:
tips for the best roasted baby potatoes
- Slicing small potatoes in half not only reduces the cook time but also makes it so you don’t have to turn or toss the potatoes.
- Don’t swap other salts for the same amount of kosher salt. If you’re using sea salt you may need less. When in doubt, always season to taste. You can always add, it’s harder to remove.
- Don’t like garlic? Just stick with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add a smokey flavor by using some smoked paprika or chili powder for spice.
- Want some cheese? Add in your favorite vegan parmesan cheese.
- In our post on how to roast vegetables we tell you not to overly crowd the pan so you can get even browning. With this recipe we want the potatoes to be just slightly to the point of browning, if you want them crispy space them apart.
Roasted Baby Potatoes with Garlic and Parsley
- 4 lbs baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granulated
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/8 cup parsley chopped, fresh
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and cut the potatoes in half. Cut larger potatoes into 3 pieces.
- Place the potatoes onto a baking sheet.
- Pour the oil, seasonings, and garlic over the potatoes and mix together. Make sure all of the potatoes are seasoned.
- Arrange the potatoes so they are cut side down and skin side up.
- Cook the potatoes for 20-30 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done they'll start to shrink a little, and you'll notice the skin on them shriveling a bit.
- Garnish and toss with fresh chopped parsley