Broccoli Tater Tots are perfect for kids and adults. They are a delicious way to eat veggies and have a fun snack.
Broccoli is a staple we always have in the freezer. Having frozen broccoli makes it convenient to use for any recipe, especially our homemade broccoli tater tots, cheddar broccoli tots, or our broccoli mushroom stir fry which is another must-try!
This recipe has no dairy, no gluten, and no nuts. Making it an allergy-friendly option as well.
Broccoli Tater Tot Ingredients:
- Broccoli – Use steamed broccoli or frozen broccoli, but make sure you remove the excess water.
- Potatoes – Go for a starchy potato like Russet or Yukon.
- Onion – Grated onion flavors the mixture without adding bits of onion.
- Eggs – Using eggs help bind the mixture.
- Seasonings – Salt, pepper, and granulated garlic are what we add to our tots. You can add more seasonings to your taste and flavor preference.
How to make broccoli tater tots
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silicone mat and set aside.
Mash all of the ingredients together and then use a small cookie scoop to portion the tater tots. Place onto the prepared baking sheet and then spray them with avocado oil.
Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
Recipe Tips and Alterations:
- Add shredded cheese to make Cheddar Broccoli Tots.
- Swap sweet potato for the white potato.
How to store, reheat, or freeze:
- Refrigerate: Refrigerate any leftover broccoli tots for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: To reheat use an air fryer for 5 minutes or oven for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Freeze: Freeze for up to 4 months, but don’t fully bake when cooking.
How to serve:
Kids tend to like ketchup with their tater tots and fries. You can also serve it with a cheese sauce or dip.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we often use frozen broccoli. Just make sure you really drain any excess water.
Yes, we suggest cooking about 2/3 of the way and then freezing. Finish baking once ready to enjoy
Broccoli Tater Tots
(click stars to vote)Print Pin Save
- 2 cups broccoli steamed and finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes boiled, and drained
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silicone mat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients, mashing with a potato masher to mash the potatoes.
- Use a cookie scoop and scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the tots with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.