This Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms with Balsamic Vinegar is full of flavor and healthy too! You’ll be happy to know that it is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, and also a great low carb side dish.
If you loved roasted vegetables you’ll love this quick and easy side dish that can be made in less than 15 minutes! Tender asparagus and softened mushrooms create the perfect combo. Add a pop of flavor by splashing on a little balsamic vinegar and you’ve got a great option to serve your family and friends.
how to make roasted asparagus and mushrooms
This recipe is super simple, you’ll just need a little oil, salt and pepper. You can also use some garlic if you’d like.
Toss the asparagus and mushrooms with the oil and seasonings. Easily do this by adding the veggies to a baking sheet and tossing on the baking sheet.
You’ll want to roast for about 15 minutes or until the desired doneness in a 425 degrees F oven.
Now you can enjoy as is or add some balsamic vinegar for a little pop! Don’t like balsamic vinegar? Try lemon juice or lemon zest.
are mushrooms low carb?
While one may think that mushrooms aren’t low in carbs, they actually are. Mushrooms are an excellent addition to a low carb diet, so if you’re doing the keto diet you can rest assured you can enjoy mushrooms too. They add bulk to a dish, without the guilt.
how to use roasted asparagus and mushrooms
While this is a delicious dish on its own, you can easily add to many dishes! Add to your favorite wraps, pasta salads, or even mac and cheese.
tips for the best roasted asparagus and mushrooms
- Bake everything in a single layer on the tray.
- If you don’t like baby bella you can use white mushrooms
- Arrange the asparagus and the mushrooms separately so you can plate it easier as we do above.
- No need to use aluminum foil or parchment paper. If you’re using a good quality pan there should be easy cleanup with this recipe. By using foils and papers or even silicone you may not get a nice roast on your vegetables. Need new baking sheets? Our top pick is USA Bakeware which has a silicone coating and they are PTFE and PFOA free. There’s also stainless steel bakeware which does not contain aluminum, but we have not tested these. The USA bakeware is very easy to clean.
- Keep your pans clean by washing right away. If you let the pans sit too long before cleaning you’ll have to use a bit more effort to clean the mess.
Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms with Balsamic Vinegar
(click stars to vote)Print Pin
- 20 spears asparagus
- 1 pint bella mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and trim the asparagus - remove the woody ends.
- Wash the mushrooms and then cut into quarters.
- Place the asparagus and mushrooms onto a baking sheet.
- Season the veggies with the spices and oil making sure it's all coated.
- Place into the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and plate.
- Finish with a splash of balsamic vinegar and enjoy!
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.