Make our easy Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce for pasta, chicken, or fish, plus it’s really great for veggies!
This easy butter sauce will be a staple in your home like it is in ours. Our daughter loves this with asparagus spears, who loves it when kids eat their veggies? WE DO! 🙂
One batch of this recipe makes a decent amount, but you could easily double, or even triple this recipe to have in the fridge or for entertaining. We store it for about a week in the fridge if we make a larger batch but we typically use it up within 2-3 days.
how to make lemon garlic butter sauce
ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- When making this recipe you want to use a good quality butter. We recommend grass-fed organic butter.
- Start off by melting the butter in a pan on medium-low heat and reduce to low once fully melted.
- While the butter is melting you can start chopping up the garlic and parsley.
- When all of the butter is melted you’ll place the garlic into the pan to cook just until tender, we are not browning the garlic.
- You’ll notice a foam rising to the top of the butter, just skim the milk solids for a nice and clear sauce like you’d make clarified butter.
- Once the garlic is softened, squeeze in lemon juice, add parsley, and salt to taste.
how to use lemon garlic butter sauce
This makes an excellent sauce for salmon, lobster, shrimp, chicken, or my favorite mushrooms and veggies! We’ve also put on steak with asparagus and mushrooms.
tips and tricks
- When you add the garlic make there’s no large chunks – this way it cooks evenly.
- Store the remaining butter in the fridge until you’re ready to use for a quick and easy meal.
- Add in some parmesan cheese for even more flavor.
- When melting the butter make sure your fire is on medium-low, medium-high heat will cause the butter to brown and burn.
- Always use fresh lemon juice, not the concentrated stuff.
- If you want more liquid simply add a tablespoon of butter at a time, no more butter? You could also use a little bit of olive oil.
- Want some wine? Add a little white wine for a scampi butter sauce.
- You can leave out the parsley, we like it for the color and a little flavor that it gives.
Pin to save this lemon garlic butter sauce recipe for later
Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1 stick butter unsalted
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- Place the stick of butter in a large pan on medium-low heat.
- While the butter is melting start chopping up the garlic and parsley.
- Once the butter is melted reduce the heat and add in the garlic
- Cook until the garlic is tender, not brown.
- While the garlic and butter are cooking you'll notice a foam rising to the top, this is the milk solids. Simply remove by placing the spoon right under and discard.
- To finish, squeeze in lemon juice and add the chopped parsley.