Our simple Kale Pineapple Smoothie is a refreshing green smoothie recipe! You can add additional smoothie ingredients like bananas, mangoes, spinach, cauliflower and more!
Green smoothies are delicious and can be very healthy too. A green smoothie shouldn’t just look great, you want it to taste great too! Smoothies are a great way to get leafy greens into your diet. By using pineapple instead of strawberries and other berries the smoothie will be a beautiful green color. We love the Kale Pineapple combination and you can also add in mangoes or bananas for sweetness and creaminess. Want to add some probiotics? Add in some organic kefir or greek yogurt.
Smoothies are easy to make and you can add in any fruits and vegetables you like in your smoothie. This is a simple green smoothie that you can definitely add more flavors to when blending. If you don’t like to taste the kale you want to use fruits that have a strong and powerful flavor, pineapple is really great for this task.
You can add in healthy fats like coconut, flax seed oil instead of the flax seed, greek yogurt, nut butter. This smoothie works well with whey protein powder or even plant-based protein powders. Add whatever flavor you want and just remove the pineapple from this kale smoothie.
If you’re trying to lose weight it’s important to remember what you are putting into your smoothie, don’t add too much sugar or fat. Calories can also quickly add up in a smoothie. Chew your smoothie and enjoy rather than chugging it down. A healthy smoothie is filled with healthy food!
Kale Pineapple Smoothie ingredients:
We keep it simple since this is our favorite green smoothie base, but definitely, add more! We love adding kefir, cauliflower, zucchini, mangos and sometimes apples!
- Water (can use coconut water or even almond milk)
- Pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- Hemp Hearts
- Flax Seed (we place the flax seed whole into our blender instead of buying ground. we use a high speed blender so this makes sure it’s liquified with the other ingredients)
how to make a kale pineapple smoothie:
You’ll want to first place in your ingredients in the correct order. This ensures that your smoothie will be smooth without chunks.
- Sweeteners (if you’re using honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Leafy Greens
- Frozen Fruits
- Nuts and Seeds
Check out our full post on how to make smoothies for optional add-ins and more healthy smoothie recipes! For example, want a filling breakfast smoothie? Add in some soaked rolled oats for even more filling fiber.
Pin our Kale Pineapple Smoothie Recipe to save for later
Kale Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple chopped
- 1 handful kale
- 1 teaspoon hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon flax seed
- Place the water into the blender followed by the pineapple and kale.
- Top with hemp hearts and flax seeds.
- Blend until your smoothie is smooth. If you're using a standard blender and not a high speed the smoothie may not come out as smooth with the seeds if so grind the flax seed before adding to the blender.
- Optional - Add your favorite smoothie ingredients to make this green smoothie even more filling. This is a great base green smoothie to get your day started.