This Cherry Limeade Recipe is refreshing and perfect for your freshly picked cherries! Make a cherry syrup and pour right into your choice of sparkling water, seltzer for homemade soda or plain H2O!
Everyone loves a good fizzy soda during the summer, imagine you could make your own homemade soda! Well, it’s super easy to do, yes you can make soda at home.
This isn’t going to be that hurt your teeth sweet soda, but it’s pleasantly sweet and delicious!
We love when cherry season comes, but so sad to see it go. We pick a ton of fresh cherries and make a bunch of different cherry recipes, like this cherry limeade recipe!
Traditional Cherry Limeade Recipes are usually filled with artificial flavors and colorings, not this recipe and honestly, how pretty is that color?
how to make cherry limeade
First, you’ll want to pit the cherries and then place into a small saucepan with a bit of water.
Then you can add the sweetener. Since we’re making a cherry syrup we use cane sugar, but you can leave that out for a thinner syrup and use stevia, or your favorite sweetener to taste.
Boil the cherries and let the syrup thicken. Once it’s thickened you can blend it all in your blender (we use a high-speed blender) and then strain.
If you don’t want to add the cherries you can leave them out, but it won’t have that rich cherry flavor. We sneak out a few to put over our morning oatmeal, my goodness so good!
Isn’t that easy? Just pour over your favorite sparkling water, seltzer, or even just enjoy with water. Squeeze a little lime in and hello Cherry Limeade Soda!
Cherry Limeade Recipe
- 2 cups cherries pitted
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar more if you like it really sweet
- 1 lime
- Place the cherries, water, and sugar into a small saucepan.
- Bring the cherries to a boil and reduce to medium heat, allow the mixture to cook for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Allow the cherry mixture to cool.
- Once the cherry mixture is cooled blend in and then strain our the cherry pulp.
- Pour the cherry mixture into your liquid of choice; seltzer, sparkling water, or plain water. Add enough to taste.
- Squeeze in a little fresh lime and enjoy.