Avocado Toast to get your daily greens in! This avocado toast recipe is loaded with kale guacamole and topped with sliced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar.
Everyone loves avocado toast. You can have it for breakfast, a snack, lunch, or even dinner. It’s a simple recipe filled with healthy foods and we made it even more tasty by using Kale Guacamole! You can put in as much or as little as you’d like.
When it comes to guacamole we love it with lots of citrus. We use a combination of lemon, lemon and even drizzle on balsamic vinegar. You can leave the balsamic vinegar off if you’d like.
We found an extremely good deal on avocados at our local market, they were only $.49 a piece – so we only bought 20 of them.
Avocado Toast just got a little more exciting!
The best way to enjoy a good avocado toast is having a hearty french bread and then toasting it. We toast ours just until it’s golden, but still has a slight chew in the middle. You can see that we cut it a little thicker too. Layer on the guacamole, top with some thin tomatoes slices, a sprinkle of sea salt, then a drizzle of balsamic. Perfection! Don’t worry if you don’t have french bread, you could easily put on top of your favorite bread that you have in the house.
Guacamole is such an easy dip to make and literally takes minutes from start to finish to make. We love using a potato masher to smash our avocados. Also we do not put tomatoes in our guacamole, but you’re more than welcome to add tomatoes to yours. We prefer to put a juicy slice of fresh tomato right on top of ours.
We use a Cutco chef knife that goes through fruits and vegetables like butter. Look at that delicious kale and cilantro!
Avocado Toast | Kale Guacamole with Balsamic Vinegar
- 5 Ripe Avocados
- 4 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion chopped
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro chopped
- 3/4 Cup Kale chopped
- 2 Limes
- 2 Lemon
- Salt to Taste
- *Toasted Bread
- *Sliced Tomato
- *Balsamic Vinegar
- Slice open the avocados and remove the pit, scoop out the green flesh and place into a bowl.
- Smash the avocado with a potato masher.
- Mince the garlic, chop the onions kale, and cilantro - add into the bowl.
- Juice the limes and lemons and add to the mixture as well.
- Give it another smash/mix and add in the salt to taste.
- Spread onto your toasted bread and top with tomato slices, sprinkle of salt and drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Note: we like onions, garlic and citrus - you can reduce the amounts if you do not like them in late quantities.
This Kale Guacamole isn’t just for toast – you can use it on your favorite protein, in salad, dip for veggies — the options are endless. Our toddler is known to pick up a spoon and eat it as is.