Vegan Garlic Bread loaded with garlic, fresh herbs, and olive oil. Plus a secret tip to make the best garlic bread spread without a vegan butter substitute.
Why you will love homemade garlic bread that’s vegan
If you love garlic bread, you’ll love it, pinky promise! It’s full of flavor and you won’t even notice that the butter is missing. The trick to getting delicious garlic flavor and oil on all of the bread without using a vegan butter is actually by making the olive oil into a spread! You can spread it all over the bread and not miss a single piece.
Is garlic bread vegan?
Unfortunately, no. Garlic bread typically has butter. Keep this in mind when eating out. You could always ask to know the ingredients, and if it’s made fresh ask them to keep it out.
How to make Vegan Garlic Bread
ingredients you will need:
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Bread
Chop up the garlic into tiny pieces and then place into a bowl.
Chop the parsley and basil and also add into the bowl along with the oregano, salt, and olive oil.
Mix the garlic mixture until combined and then place into the freezer for about an hour.
Why should we put the garlic bread spread in the freezer?
This is a great way to make garlic bread spread without any butter. When you freeze the olive oil it will become a solid and then you can easily spread it onto the bread. If you were to use it in a liquid form it would completely saturate the bread without covering both sides.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Once the garlic bread spread is becoming solid remove it from the freezer and give a mix.
Slice the bread in half lengthwise and then spread the garlic spread onto each side.
Place the garlic bread in the oven on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.
What to serve with vegan garlic bread?
We serve garlic bread with a simple salad and pasta dish with tomato sauce. You could serve this with your favorite vegan dinner recipes. This homemade garlic bread recipe isn’t just for those who are vegan, everyone will love it!
More vegan recipes you might like
- Mediterranean Rice
- Vegan Coleslaw
- Cold Quinoa Salad (minus the feta cheese)
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes with Fried Onions
click the stars to rate this recipe
Vegan Garlic Bread
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1/8 cup parsley
- 3 leaves basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- Chop up the garlic into tiny pieces and then place into a medium-sized bowl.
- Chop the parsley and basil and also add into the bowl along with the oregano, salt, and olive oil.
- Mix the garlic mixture until combined and then place into the freezer for about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Once the garlic bread spread is becoming solid remove it from the freezer and give a mix.
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise and then spread the garlic spread onto each side.
- Place the garlic bread in the oven on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or place under the broiler for 5 minutes. (No need to preheat oven if you're using the broiler)
- Remove from oven once it reaches desired browning, allow the garlic bread to cool before slicing.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
Awesome tip about freezing the olive oil so it is spreadable. This looks like an amazing recipe, regardless if you are vegan or not. Yum!
Yes, everyone can enjoy this garlic bread! It’s a vegan recipe, but it’s one of those recipes that no one would even know! 🙂
The best garlic bread! Love the freezer idea, makes it so easy to spread.
Yes! It spreads beautifully. So glad you enjoyed it! 😀
How long will this keep in the fridge I want to make a lot and eat it everyday ?
We usually enjoy the same day or the next day 🙂