Shrimp and Israeli Pepper Salad with Pita Bread, a healthy Mediterranean meal.
I love how food holds so many memories, and I want to share some of those with you! I remember when I was a little tike running around with a pita pocket stuff with Israeli Pepper salad, hummus, and lamb or beef kabobs. I don’t eat lamb anymore, but I still enjoy without it! My favorite way to enjoy it now is with shrimp or beef! Shrimp cooks up quickly and is perfect for serving multiple guests without all the prep and hassle.
With the summer months, you’ll have a beautiful, abundant crop of peppers, so this is a great way to use them up. If you want to save them, you can freeze them too! Have you tried our roasted rep peppers yet? They are so good on their own or in our Roasted Rep Pepper Macaroni and Cheese! We’re a pepper loving family. When I was pregnant, I would eat one red pepper a day. Now my daughter and I eat one red pepper each every day. They can be pretty pricey when you buy organic, but they’re so good and worth the price. Our favorite choice is Holland Peppers, so sweet and crisp! How beautiful is the color of this salad? Doesn’t it just SCREAM summer?
One crucial thing about this recipe is cutting your vegetables really small, evenly diced is best and makes it easier to pack in the pitas! Don’t forget to wash those veggies well! (check out our recipe for Fruit and Veggie Spray ) Can’t chop and want an easier way? Try using a veggie chopper, like a nicer dicer.
The best way to serve shrimp, in my opinion, is with LEMON! Lots of it too! Both the Israeli Pepper Salad and Shrimp use Lemon. This is one of my favorite family recipes. We also like to enjoy this with other grilled proteins or even on it’s own. This salad is so versatile!
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 orange peppers
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley *optional, I skipped since my daughter doesn't like it
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shrimp with Seasoning
- 2 Dozen Large Shrimp
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Seasoning
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon Basil
- 2 Cloves FRESH Minced Garlic
- Salt to taste
- Cooked Quinoa, Pitas, and Hummus
- Dice up your onion, cucumbers, and peppers and place into a large bowl.
- Add in your parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Clean and peel your shrimp, then boil Shrimp in a large pot until fully cooked.
- Combine lemon essential oil,with remaining ingredients and toss the shrimp in the mixture.
- Serve in pitas with Israeli Pepper Salad, Quinoa, and Hummus.
Did you enjoy this post? Click here to pin it for later. Also check out all of our other favorite Pepper recipes and posts on Pinterest!