Get grilling with our Beef Kofta Recipe! Loaded with fresh parsley, onion, garlic, and cumin. This Mediterranean ground beef kabob recipe is a hit every time!
How to make a Kofta Kebab
You can shape your Beef Kofta Recipe like ours and leave as is, or you can insert a skewer/kebab stick into them. We have always made them without the stick since we would stuff them right into a pita to eat. Less waste this way, unless you use metal kebab skewers.
I just love making food that I grew up on – especially for my family! The way we would enjoy this was with a homemade pita, hummus, Mediterranean rice and Israeli Salad. You could our beef kofta with a simple shopska salad.
The smell of this dish cooking is just delightful, and you’ll be anxiously waiting to bite for the entire time it’s cooking. Once they’re done you can dig right in and enjoy as you’d like.
What Goes into a Kofta Kebab Recipe
You can use beef or lamb, or even a combination of both. Most Kofta Kebab recipes have tons of ingredients. However, my family kofta kebab recipe has just a few ingredients. It’s simple and flavorful. The main ingredients are
What is Kofta
Homemade Beef Kofta Recipe
Beef Kofta Recipe
(click stars to vote)Print Pin
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Cup of Fresh Parsley
- 2 Lbs Ground Beef can use lamb or even a combination of both
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- In a small food processor chop up the onion, garlic, and parsley.
- Place the ground beef into a large bowl and top with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the beef mixture until combined.
- Shape the mixture into beef kofta kebab shapes and grill as is or place on a skewer then grill.
- Grill or pan fry until cooked thoroughly, about 4-6 minutes per side depending on the size and thickness. We cook until well done, 160 to 165 degrees F.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.