Picnic perfect Tuna Pasta Salad with our vegan tuna salad. Bring this to your parties and potlucks for a great option that everyone can enjoy as it can also be made gluten-free.
This is not my mama’s Tuna Macaroni Salad, but it’s pretty darn close! We use our vegan tuna salad instead of canned tuna or any faux tuna products. It is so delicious chilled or served right away so you can easily make this recipe to enjoy right away or prep it in advance.
VEGAN TUNA PASTA SALAD INGREDIENTS
- Chickpea Tuna Salad – we’re using this to replace the tuna.
- Celery – adds crunch and flavor.
- Green Pepper – green pepper adds a bitter taste that we love with this dish, but if you want you could use sweet red bell pepper instead.
- Red Onion – we prefer red over white onion as it has a bit more flavor, but if you don’t like any red onion you can use a sweet onion or even scallions for a mild flavor.
- Mayo – this brings it all together, you can use storebought or homemade.
- Lemon Juice – juice from lemon brightens up this dish.
- Parsley – fresh parsley adds color and a bit of flavor, we love this using this fresh herb.
- Pepper – optional, but definitely adds to the salad.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKPEA TUNA MACARONI SALAD
- Prep the ingredients: Chop the veggies and herbs then place the pasta, vegan tuna, peppers, onions, celery, parsley, lemon juice, mayo, and pepper into a large bowl.
- Combine: Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Serve: Serve right away or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This is excellent fresh or made in advance.
- Add more veggies or fruit, like tomatoes, peas, carrots, or even avocado.
- Can be made gluten-free with gluten-free macaroni/pasta.
- Can be made oil free by using an oil free mayo.
click the stars to rate this recipe
Tuna Pasta Salad
- 4 cups macaroni cooked
- 1 cup chickpea tuna salad
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- pepper to taste
- Chop the celery, peppers, onions, and parsley.
- Place the macaorni, vegan tuna, peppers, onions, celery, parsley, lemon juice, mayo, and pepper into a large bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Serve right away or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Can be made gluten-free with gluten-free macaroni/pasta.
Can be made oil free by using an oil free mayo.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
Leave a Reply