Beet Potato Salad with Eggs is a great side dish for everyone to enjoy! Vegan and non vegan option.
Not only that but it’s naturally dyed from the beets! I hate seeing red food coloring in food these days. We don’t need these colors in our foods or any products that are on store shelves. In fact brands have taken notice and starting to use things like beets, spinach and turmeric to color food naturally. While I agree colors are fun, they should be kept safe. There’s nothing safe about eating a red velvet cupcake that most likely needed an entire bottle of red food dye to make it red velvet. By boiling the beet whole in this recipe you keep that color nice and vibrant. Never, ever cut a beet that you’re boiling or it will bleed out all it’s beautiful color.
READ MORE >> ALL ABOUT BEETS
Our daughter is obsessed with pink. She’s a pinkalicious, pink princess. When we make potato salad she will pick out the potatoes and eat it, but when we make PINK Beet Potato Salad with Eggs, she eats it all. Chris mentioned that the potato salad looked like raw meat, seriously?! Funny thing is I asked around and a few people agreed!! What do you think? I just think it looks like Pink Potato Salad with Eggs, but maybe that’s because I made it.
Around June last year was our daughter’s first time having “mayo”. She couldn’t eat the traditional mayo you’d find in the store or even the vegan. The issue is she is allergic to soy due to her FPIES food allergy. Now you can find many mayo products without soy or you can make your own.
Beet Potato Salad with Eggs + Vegan Version
- 1 Large Beet Peeled
- 3 Red Potatoes Chopped
- 1/2 Cup White Corn Frozen
- 1/2 Red Onion Diced
- 5 Hard Boiled Eggs Chopped
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon Mayo
- 1-2 1/2 Tablespoons Raw Apple Cider Vinegar/ Or White Vinegar 1 without eggs 2 with eggs
- Place the potatoes and whole beet into a pot with water, bring to a boil and cook until tender.
- Once the beet and potatoes are cooked remove from the water and rinse with cold water.
- Place the frozen corn into the water you just cooked the beet and potato in, remove once cooked.
- Chop up the beet and add to a large bowl with the potatoes and corn.
- Add diced onion, mayo, eggs and vinegar. Toss until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving if you like your potato salad chilled.
- Garnish with Green Onions.
Make this recipe vegan by leaving out the eggs.