Learn how to make eggplant noodles, plus turn your eggplant noodles into an Eggplant Pasta Parmesan Recipe minus the pasta! This is a great way to make spiralized eggplant.
Trying to avoid pasta or carbs? I think everyone, their mother, their brother, and their sister has tried Zucchini noodles.. am I right? You can use a spiralizer and get perfect noodles from zucchini and even sweet potatoes. I’ve heard so many great things about it and almost bought one myself. but then found out it didn’t work so well on eggplant.
Eggplant is a toughie to make into noodles, however with a good knife and some patience you can make mind-blowing eggplant noodles.. seriously. It’s not even that hard, I promise! So why would I want to turn eggplant into noodles? Eggplant is low in fat, carbs, but for us, the best part is some studies have shown eggplant can help reduce cholesterol.
Can you spiralize eggplant? Yes and no. Yes, you can spiralize it, but when you do you’ll end up getting some noodles, some chewed mushy bits, and it will not produce the same results as a zucchini or even sweet potato. We prefer to thinly slice our eggplant noodles.
HOW TO MAKE EGGPLANT NOODLES:
- We like to peel a little bit of the eggplant, but not all of it. Star off by cutting the eggplant into thin, long slices.
- Once you have it all sliced up, start making it into noodles. Just as you would cut a potato into french fries.
- You can cut the eggplant as thin or as thick as you’d like.
My favorite way to cook eggplant is making eggplant parmesan but it’s not the healthiest of ways to eat eggplant. I always soak my eggplant in salt water to avoid bitterness, bitter eggplant.. gag! Just make sure you drain them really well. I use a stainless steel bowl and mesh strainer.
While these noodles don’t have any breading you can easily bake some breadcrumbs tossed with a little olive oil until crunchy to sprinkle on top. I love pairing it with a homemade marinara sauce. Just chop up some tomatoes heat in a pan with a little olive oil, salt, and garlic. Perfection.
Eggplant Parmesan Using Eggplant Noodles
(click stars to vote)Print Pin
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and peel your eggplant. (Tip: I use a knife to peel my eggplant, a peeler can sometimes be tricky with the eggplants tough skin)
- Slice your eggplant thinly longways and then slice into thin noodles.
- Once your eggplant is all sliced place into a large bowl of salted water and let sit for about 15-20 minutes (perfect time to make a homemade marinara!)
- Let your noodles drain before cooking.
- In a skillet heat oil and add in the noodles. Cook noodles until translucent, keeping an eye on them and tossing as needed. They cook quickly!
- Add in the homemade marinara and parmesan cheese.
- Add salt if needed.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.