Simple backyard ground chicken burger recipe! A perfectly grilled chicken burger recipe, full of flavor and some veggies too! I’m sharing French’s® in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™” #FrenchsCrowd #FrenchsMustard
The summer sun is shining, and it’s finally FULL-TIME grilling season. We enjoy grilling all the time, but summer is a time when we can start grilling much more often.
July 4th is usually the first big BBQ of the season for us, and when it comes to food options we like to have plenty of them! You won’t find just the typical hot dogs and hamburgers.
I make sure to not only have vegetarian options but also options that aren’t red meat. Chicken Burgers are always a hit, and there’s never any leftover. Kids and adults devour our chicken burgers, they’re so good they get eaten as soon as they come off the grill.
The secret to a great chicken burger is packing flavor IN the patty. Beef has so much fat that you get a bit of flavor in the patty and typically only need a little salt and pepper.
Our homemade chicken burgers get a nice dose of tasty additions.
WHAT WE PUT IN OUR GROUND CHICKEN BURGER RECIPE
- French’s Classic Yellow Mustard
- French’s Tomato Ketchup
- Worchestshire Sauce
- Red Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
When you’re cooking chicken burgers it’s essential that you’re making sure they’re fully cooked, no one wants raw chicken.
This is different than just eating a chicken breast burger, both great, but we prefer a ground chicken burger recipe instead of just a grilled chicken breast.
The condiments and veggies help keep this burger moist and of course flavorful. When my wife first made a chicken burger, I thought I was going to have to eat something else for dinner, but since she made those first chicken burgers, I’ve been hooked. They’re just as flavorful, and you can get creative with flavoring the chicken.
Don’t worry if you’re at a party and the chicken burger is bland. Top it with tons of lettuce, tomato, and of course some mustard and ketchup. For lettuce, green leaf is my go to for burgers. It adds texture and it’s downright beautiful under a burger.
What is your favorite way to top your ground chicken burger recipe? I keep it simple and go with a classic mustard and tomato ketchup. Nothing beats backyard bbq!
BBQ Must Haves From French’s
- French’s Classic Yellow Mustard – 100% natural stone ground mustard seeds. NO artificial ingredients, fat, calories, or gluten.
- French’s Spicy Brown – Give your food a little kick with this mustard that packs tons of flavor.
- French’s Honey Mustard – A hint of sweetness, our daughter’s top choice of mustard.
- French’s Tomato Ketchup – U.S. Farm Grown, NO high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, artificial flavors, colors, or gluten.
Simple backyard ground chicken burger recipe! A perfectly grilled chicken burger recipe, full of flavor and some veggies too!
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl combine the ingredients.
- Form patties with mixture and place onto a hot grill.
- Grill 5-7 minutes per side.
- Make sure internal temperature reaches 165 before enjoying.