Try our homemade Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce and you’ll be putting it on everything!
how to use Argentinian Chimichurri sauce
This homemade authentic Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce recipe is not just for topping. There are SO many ways to use it.
- chimicurrui marinade – marinate your proteins or veggies before grilling or baking
- use as a salsa. chop up some tomatoes or use the chimichurri sauce as its own dip
- skip the typical salad dressing and use chimichurri to dress your salad
- great for rice, potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, peppers and onions, steak, salmon, shrimp, chicken, etc. its great on everything
how to make Argentinian Chimichurri sauce
Chris hates plain white rice. He also said he didn’t like chimichurri sauce. That’s when I made it at home because I knew he was used to the stuff in the jar. You need to make chimichurri at home, without a blender, and just a good old knife and cutting board. You can use fresh or dried oregano. I went with dried as that is what is most readily available.
The main ingredients are parsley, garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, red wine vinegar. That’s it, simple right? The reason we suggest using a knife over a blender or processor is mainly due to the texture. A true chimichurri has texture and won’t be a bright soupy mixture, more of an herby mixture where you can still separate the olive oil.
If you want Authentic Chimichurri you should always use your best kitchen tool, your chef knife!
how long does chimichurri sauce last
I make a batch of Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce every Sunday and we usually finish it by Tuesday. Don’t make too much that you won’t use it within 2-3 days. We like to allow our chimichurri to sit about 30-60 minutes before enjoying. This allows the flavors to really develop.
Additionally, when we top our food we like to add in a little more flavor by squeezing on some fresh lemon or lime.
Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 bunch of parsley about 1 1/2 - 2 cups
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chop the parsley and garlic as small as you can.
- Place the parsley and garlic into a bowl and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Use as desired.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freeze.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES JUST LIKE THIS!
Baked Chicken Fajita Recipe (sheet pan meal!)