These Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings are packed full of flavor and become crispy on the outside and tender on the inside from air frying. Top with your favorite sauce or try our tossing with our quick and easy spicy BBQ sauce.
Who doesn’t love a good wing? What about cauliflower wings?! They’re so delicious and full of flavor. With our homemade batter, you can enjoy crispy and tender air fryer cauliflower wings in less than 35 minutes between prep and cooking.
You can serve these air fryer cauliflower wings with your favorite buffalo sauce, hot sauce, sweet chili sauce, or try our quick and easy spicy bbq sauce that we share below.
Recipe ingredients and notes:
- Cauliflower – This is the star of the show, make sure you’re using fresh not frozen. Frozen cauliflower will be waterlogged and become as crispy or air fry as nicely.
- Rice Flour – Using rice flour helps create a mock tempura batter making the cauliflower wings crispier.
- All-Purpose Flour – We also use all-purpose flour to help thicken the batter so it really sticks to the cauliflower wings.
- Cornstarch – This helps absorb the moisture making the crust crispy in the process.
- Baking Soda – This helps create a light and fluffy batter for the cauliflower.
- Club Soda – Make sure your club soda is cold and nice and chilled.
For the full ingredient amount and full instructions on how to make air fryer cauliflower wings see the recipe card below.
Preheat your air fryer basket and then make the batter while the air fryer is preheating.
Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter and then carefully place them into the preheated (hot, use caution) air fryer. Do not overcrowd.
Air fry for 12 minutes and then flip and cook for another 8 minutes.
Toss the cauliflower wings in your desired sauce or try our quick spicy bbq sauce.
Place back into the air fryer for another 5 minutes to allow the sauce to cook onto the air fried cauliflower wings.
Serve immediately to avoid the wings becoming soggy, garnish with chopped green onion or parsley.
Recipe Tips and Alterations:
- Rice flour is a must for this recipe. It creates a mock tempura batter that helps create the perfect crisp on the cauliflower.
- Do not use frozen cauliflower, it’s too soggy for making wings.
- Use your favorite sauce or try our quick and easy spicy bbq sauce.
How to serve:
We love serving with some sliced carrots and celery. Don’t forget the ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing for those who like it.
Frequently asked questions
Absolutely! Just dip in the batter and air fry. We recommend things like zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, and string beans.
Skip the bbq sauce and just use your favorite hot sauce with the butter.
Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
Air Fryer Cauliflower
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups cold club soda
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
Spicy BBQ Sauce
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat your air fryer basket to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rice flour, all purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and kosher salt. Add the club soda and whisk until no large lumps remain.
- Spray the preheated air fryer basket with avocado oil spray and then carefully dip a cauliflower floret into the batter and place it in the air fryer. Repeat with as many florets as will fit, but make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer. Use caution as the air fryer is preheated.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes. Flip the cauliflower and cook for an additional 8 minutes. Between batches, keep the cauliflower on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet– this will help keep it crispy until you’re ready to sauce them.
- Meanwhile, add the BBQ sauce, non-dairy butter, and red pepper flakes to a large microwave safe bowl. Cook for 1 minute, or until the butter is melted and then whisk to combine.
- Toss the cooked cauliflower in the sauce and then return it to the air fryer. Cook at 400 degrees F for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately to avoid the wings becoming soggy, garnish with chopped green onion or parsley.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
Did you try this recipe? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Don’t forget to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @knowyourproduce on Instagram and hashtag it #knowyourproduce so we can share it!