Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice to start your day. Find out what the best oranges are for making homemade orange juice and even learn how to make our easy orange recipe.
There’s something about going down the shore and having Fresh Orangeade. Every summer we love to go down to Wildwood and just spend a few days there. It’s something we’ve done since we met so we either go to Wildwood, Cape May, or Atlantic City. Atlantic City is tempting to gamble so we rarely go now. but I’ll never forget that time I put $20 between 0 and double 0. I had a ton of spending money when it hit!
I have to admit my favorite thing is the Orangeade. I’m a huge fan of orange juice and while I love it on it’s own it’s made better by adding some simple ingredients! Everyone loves lemonade, but what about orangeade? Don’t get me wrong, they’re both delicious! I just love orangeade a little more 😉
Since having our daughter we love to involve her with everything and that includes making a mess in the kitchen, why should we have all the fun? There’s nothing better than waking up and heading to the kitchen to make fresh squeezed orange juice and orangeade! We use a citrus juicer by Mastrad. It’s actually really easy to use and goes right on top of our pitcher! After the kiddo finishes juicing we just toss it right into the dishwasher. We’re excited to try it for grapefruits and lemons too since it’s 2 in 1.
What we really like is that we can control if we want the pulp to go in or not. I lift up the juicer part at the end and just pour the pulp in. I LOVE my Orangeade with extra pulp!
Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice Homemade Orangeade Recipe
(click stars to vote)Print Pin
- 5 cups water divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar sugar
- 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice Valencia is the best for OJ
- 1/2 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed preferred
- Place 1 cup of water along with the 1 cup of sugar into a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved and creates a simple syrup. Remove from the heat once the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Once the simple syrup is cooled, add it to your desired pitcher with the remaining water, orange juice, and lemon juice. Mix with a large spoon to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.