Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad is delicious on its own or even used on top of a bed of mixed greens. This salad recipe is gluten free, vegan, and oil free!
Looking for an easy salad or side to bring to a party? This is it! It’s perfect for meal planning and takes about 15 minutes to put together.
How to make Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
To make this salad we use Persian Cucumbers. They’re mini seedless cucumbers and hold up well in this salad. For the tomatoes we use Roma tomatoes, these also hold up well and we do remove the seeds. Red onion adds a beautiful pop of purple and that crunchy bite – if the red onion is too strong for you and your guests you can use a sweet onion like Vidalia or even sliced green onions. Then the ingredient that brings the richness and creaminess is the avocado.
The dressing for avocado cucumber tomato salad is pretty simple, we use lemon juice and salt, but once you mix it all together in the salad the avocado breaks down a bit. The avocado chunks get a little smaller while it coats the other veggies and becomes this delicious creamy dressing. We do not add any olive oil to this recipe. Occasionally we’ll also add in bell peppers and chickpeas to bulk it up and add more plant-based protein.
How do you serve this vegan salad?
This Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad is great on its own, but we do serve it with spring mix, spinach, and kale. It’s excellent with some chickpeas and quinoa or rice, delicious over some toasted Italian bread with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocados make the perfect pairing in a summer salad. This easy salad recipe is the perfect side dish that everyone can enjoy and you can easily make it a day in advance.
other salad recipes to try:
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 2 avocado
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Wash all of the veggies before cutting.
- Slice the Persian cucumbers lengthwise and then slice into half rounds and place into a large bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarts and remove the seeds, then cut up into bite size chunks and add to the bowl.
- Chop a red onion to add to the salad, just about 1/4 cup into the bowl.
- Cut up the avocados into bite size chunks and add to the veggies.
- Chop some fresh parsley and add to the salad.
- Add fresh lemon juice and a pinch of salt before mixing.
- Mix the salad and serve or refrigerate.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.