This is literally the BEST Burger Sauce you’ll ever make! You can use it for more than just burgers and french fries. Use it on sandwiches, with tater tots, veggie nuggets, it’s SO GOOD!
If you’re looking for a good burger sauce recipe, this is it! You don’t need to buy it in the store, make it right at home with simple ingredients.
What’s burger sauce you ask? It’s a delicious sauce that completes the burger – it brings it all together and if you’re used to just adding ketchup and mustard, you’re in for a HUGE treat. Pictured below, our is our Vegan Black Bean Burgers with Mushrooms.
What’s burger sauce made of?
Burger sauce varies from recipe to recipe, some make a copy cat of Big Mac, some make a simple fry sauce which is just mayo and ketchup mixed together, and then we like to take it a step further and make a rich and flavorful creamy sauce using vegan mayo, roasted red peppers, and chili flakes.
How do you make burger sauce?
Some can be easily mixed into a bowl, but since we use fresh roasted red peppers in our recipe we use a blender to combine the sauce and make it smooth and creamy.
Ways to use this sauce
You may have seen this sauce on our Black Bean Burgers, drizzled on our Sweet Potato and Kohlrabi Fries, but it’s also good on roasted veggies, like our Roasted Purple Sweet Potatoes. You can also use it with veggie nuggets and don’t forget our broccoli tater tots!
How do you store burger sauce?
We store our burger sauce in a glass bowl in the refrigerator for up to a week. It usually lasts about 1-2 days at our house, it’s that good!
tips and tricks
- If you’re in a pinch and can’t make fresh roasted red peppers you can use jarred, but we love using fresh for that extra smoke flavor you’ll get from them. In a pinch we suggest them, but it may not have that rich flavor so if you have smoked paprika we suggest adding 1/4 teaspoon.
- To make a spicy burger sauce add in more chili flakes – you can easily control the heat in this recipe by adding more or less of the chili flakes.
- Only use a mayo you like – if you don’t like the taste of it plain it could ruin the sauce. We use Vegan Hellmann’s or JUST Mayo.
- We use a Vitamix to make this sauce, it’s a professional high speed blender. You can make this sauce in a regular blender as well.
click the stars to rate this recipe
Best Burger Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup Vegan Mayo or regular mayo
- 1 small Roasted Red Pepper skin, stem and seeds removed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Blend ingredients until combine in blender or food processor.
- Place into a container and refrigerate.
- Use within one week.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
This sauce is SOOOOO good — I’ll be using it on everything!
This burger sauce is EVERYTHING!
I do not like mayo and never use it, because I find that it overpowers the taste of other ingredients and I like to taste all that is used in recipes. I use miracle whip and with a little improvising I add whatever I think will work. Also it is not heavy or thick. But it works for me, so I am a try and true maker. But will absolutely try this recipe my way.. What I would really like to find is the ingredients for Subway’s South West sauce.. It is soooo good. If you haven’t tasted it, you don’t know what you are missing..
Oooh I have never tried their sauce, I bet it’s delicious!
So the red pepper SKIN needs to be peeled off the roasted rep pepper or do you use the whole roasted red pepper for this?
Yes, you remove the skin. It can be left on but you may get pieces of skin.