These Balsamic Mushrooms are full of flavor and complete any dish. You can serve it over your favorite main course or enjoy it in salads as well!
We are huge fans of mushrooms. They’re excellent as a main dish or even a side dish. Some of our favorite recipes with mushrooms are our black bean and mushroom burger, roasted asparagus and mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, and broccoli mushroom stir fry.
Balsamic vinegar just takes mushrooms to another level and really gives them a robust flavor. We love serving them over cabbage or cauliflower steak, you could also serve them over your favorite steak or chicken dishes as well.
Recipe ingredients and notes:
- Olive Oil – you could also go oil-free by using broth or water.
- Baby Bella Mushrooms – We prefer Baby Bella mushrooms, but you could also use your preferred mushrooms.
- Balsamic Vinegar
For the full ingredient amount and full instructions on how to make balsamic mushrooms see the recipe card below.
Wash and chop the mushrooms into quarters.
RIn a small skillet, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the mushrooms with salt and pepper until the mushrooms are tender.
When the mushrooms are tender, add the balsamic vinegar and saute for about a minute to allow the balsamic vinegar to thicken.
Serve as desired.
Recipe Tips and Alterations:
- You can use any mushrooms you like, we prefer portabella mushrooms due to the rich flavor.
- Roast your mushrooms for even more caramelization or use a cast-iron skillet.
- This also works well with large portabella mushrooms on the grill.
- Use leftovers and make a fresh salad with quinoa, chickpeas, and fresh veggies with our Italian dressing.
How to serve:
We love serving it as a side dish or over a main course. It’s also delicious in salads. If serving as a side dish you can garnish with a little bit of fresh chopped herbs like basil or parsley.
Frequently asked questions
Balsamic vinegar is a deep and rich brown vinegar that’s made from unfermented grape juice. It has a rich and deep bold flavor with some tartness.
Sometimes, but for this dish, we highly recommend using balsamic vinegar.
click the stars to rate this recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly and chop into quarters.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook until tender.
- When the mushrooms are tender, add the balsamic vinegar and sautee one additional minute to thicken.
- Serve immediately.
You can also roast the mushrooms in the oven to get more caramelization.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
Did you try this recipe? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Don’t forget to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @knowyourproduce on Instagram and hashtag it #knowyourproduce so we can share it!
Leave a Reply