Make these Organic Whole Fruit Strawberry Popsicles and you’ll never buy the ones in the store again!
Why should you make your own?
You control the ingredients
Fun and delicious too!
With Kay and her FPIES food allergy, we have to read so many labels if we want to buy anything packaged. Talk about a headache! Even fresh fruit popsicles sometimes contain soy! So we decided to make our own. There were so many beautiful packages of Driscoll’s strawberries at Whole Foods I couldn’t resist getting some to eat and some to play with. (this isn’t a sponsored post, btw – we just like to mention brands we love!) I love adding a little lime juice to our popsicles to give them a little extra zing. You could also use lemon if you’d like.
- 2 cups organic strawberries washed and cut
- 1 teaspoon organic cane sugar
- 1 lime juiced
- Place your strawberries in a bowl with the sugar and lime, toss to mix.
- Once mixed add into a blender and blend until a little watery, but still chunky.
- Freeze overnight and enjoy.
We prefer using a silicone mold vs a plastic mold, even if the plastic is BPA free. I’ve contemplated getting a metal one, so we’ll see.