Kale Guacamole, yes it’s delicious! If you love our best guacamole recipe ever you’ll love this recipe too. We add in some fresh chopped kale to pack in even more vitamins, nutrients, and minerals.
Hate eating your greens but LOVE guacamole? Well then.. this recipe is for you! I love to add some kale into guacamole to not only get more greens into our diet but also add more texture. It bulks up the guacamole and makes it a little less heavy. It’s perfect for making our tomato avocado toast or scooping onto some dairy-free nachos.
kale guacamole ingredients
Avocados are the main ingredient for guacamole. It provides a rich and creamy base that’s completely plant-based.
In addition to the avocado, you’ll also need kale, red onions (or sweet onion), cilantro, garlic, lime, and a little salt. Jalapeno is optional for some heat.
how to make kale guacamole
- Wash and cut the avocados open and then remove the seed.
- Scoop the avocado out of the skin and place into a medium bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a potato mashed until you reach the desired chunkiness.
- Chop the kale, onions, garlic, and add into the bowl.
- Squeeze in the lime and season with salt.
Mix together and enjoy!
Kale Guacamole Recipe
(click stars to vote)Print Pin
- 4 Haas avocados
- 1/2 cup kale chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/8 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 jalapeno chopped, optional
- Slice open the avocados and remove the pit, scoop out the green flesh and place into a bowl.
- Smash the avocado with a potato masher.
- Chop the kale, garlic, onions, jalapeno, and cilantro - add into the bowl.
- Juice the limes and add to the mixture as well.
- Give it another smash/mix and add in the salt to taste.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.