Vegan Banana Ice Cream is a delicious nice cream that is made in the Vitamix. You can easily make this allergy-friendly ice cream flavored too!
Are you looking for an ice cream that you can eat without guilt or even want to avoid allergies? Our vegan banana ice cream is the answer! It’s full of flavor and contains just 1 ingredient, BANANAS!
how do you make banana ice cream?
Buy some bananas and allow them to ripen to about the point of getting ready to toss them in the oven as banana bread. Instead of making that, peel the bananas and place the bananas into a freezer safe container. You can freeze them whole or chopped up. Once they’re fully frozen add to your Vitamix (don’t have a high-speed blender? you can use your food processor as well).
Use your tamper tool to push the bananas down towards the blade. If they’re too hard you can allow the frozen bananas to thaw for about 5 minutes.
Scoop out the ice cream from the blender and top as desired. We like using enjoy life chocolate chips or even a drizzle of peanut butter.
can I freeze banana ice cream?
If you can’t finish the banana ice cream place the remaining ice cream into a freezer safe container and safe for later. It will get hard so you might need to let it defrost a bit before trying to scoop. We recommend using a shallow rectangle container as it will defrost from the outside in. The best way to enjoy it is right out of the blender, or even allowing it to freeze for 30 minutes after blending in a container.
Another way to enjoy is to scoop the nice cream into cones and then place the cones standing up in a cup in the freezer. Once they’re fully frozen solid place into a stasher bag and then enjoy at a later time.
what is nice cream?
A banana nice cream is a non-dairy ice cream made from bananas. It’s smooth and creamy, and you won’t even realize there’s no cream or that it’s vegan. Serve it up in a cone or a cup!
banana ice cream flavors:
mix in simple ingredients to make flavored nice cream
- fresh vanilla bean seeds = vanilla nice cream
- mango+ banana = mango ice cream
- strawberry + mango = strawberry mango banana ice cream
- cacao + peanut butter = chocolate peanut butter ice cream
- strawberry, pineapple, mango, coconut = tropical ice cream
- cacao = chocolate nice cream
- peanut butter = peanut butter ice cream
- pineapple + coconut = pina colada ice cream
- chocolate chips + cherries = chocolate covered cherry ice cream
- spinach + mint + grated chocolate = mint chocolate chip ice cream
- ensure that you’re using a really ripe banana. the riper the banana is the sweeter it will be
- careful adding too many ingredients, it will change the texture and it may not be as creamy
- add in veggies to pack in even more vitamins and nutrients
Vegan Banana Ice Cream
- 3 bananas frozen
- Place the frozen banana into your blend (or food processor) and blend until smooth.
- Use your blenders tamper tool to push the bananas down towards the blade.
- Scoop out the banana nice cream and serve as desired.