Better yet, you can take the leftovers and make this! We make a double batch of our Easy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe so we can make this too. It’s so delicious and the sauce coats the Rombi Pasta perfectly.
We are at our local Target pretty often. We’ve been noticing some exciting new items in their grocery department and just recently we found RAGÚ Homestyle!
We love making homemade sauces, but we also love the convenience of just picking up a jar. This way we can enjoy without all the prep and hours put into a good sauce. We love the new thick and hearty texture. It makes for a great sauce for pasta or veggie noodles, but it’s also great for our eggplant! You see, we like to bake our eggplant with the sauce on them like, but we don’t want it soggy and drowning in liquified sauce after baking.
When we place our toppings and the sauce onto of our eggplant it stays exactly where we put it. It stays that way even after baking and then when you make the first cut the flavors just pour out, but it’s not a huge mess! These sauces taste like they’re made from scratch, making it very minimal effort us when it comes to dinner time.
One thing that really caught us with the new RAGÚ Homestyle sauces was they have free basil seeds. I think it’s a cute little gift to give with each purchase, one that can definitely keep giving.
We saw Traditional, Meat, and Roasted Garlic at our local target. They also make a Four Cheese and Mushroom. We hope we see the mushroom soon, we love mushrooms! All of their sauces are made with 100% California-grown, vine-ripened tomatoes, onions and fragrant herbs.
If you’re looking for an affordable sauce without artificial flavors, colors, and no high-fructose corn syrup, this is your sauce! Right now it’s on sale at our local Target too!
Easy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 1 eggplant sliced into desired thickness (if you like it firmer slice thicker, if you like it softer, slice thinner)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 cup RAGU Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment and place sliced eggplants onto the tray.
- Sprinkle eggplant with the sea salt. In two baking trays arrange the sliced eggplants.
- Allow eggplant to bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with sauce, cheeses, and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, just until cheese is melty.
- Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy one at a time, or stack.
Don’t forget to make enough for leftovers!