Easy Scrambled Eggs with Mushrooms and Onions topped with fresh chopped basil. Most flavorful and best scrambled eggs recipe you’ll ever make for breakfast!
To make the best eggs you want to cook your eggs on a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. You can use a silicone, wooden, or even rubber spatula to gently push the eggs around the pan. If you use high heat you’ll burn the eggs and get a browned egg, which definitely changes the flavor of the eggs.
When adding seasonings into the egg mixture keep it simple by using just a little sea salt and black pepper. You can also do this with just egg whites. Once you have the cooked eggs you can season with more salt and pepper if needed, and you if really like heat drizzle on some hot sauce.
how to make scrambled eggs with mushrooms
- Warm up a skillet with a little butter.
- Start by cooking the onions for about 2 minutes and then add in the mushrooms and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until tender are caramelized.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and then add in a little more butter if needed to scramble eggs.
- Beat the eggs and place into the hot skillet. Cook until lightly scrambled.
- Plate the eggs and top with the mushrooms and onions and garnish with fresh chopped basil.
Guests will absolutely love this recipe so if you’re cooking for a crowd make a big batch. It’s filling and delicious. All of the flavors compliment each other and it makes a beautiful presentation.
Herbs are easy to grow at home. Basil, parsley, and cilantro are our must haves. Get your little ones involved too, kids love gardening!
Scrambled Eggs with Mushrooms and Fresh Basil
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 Portobello Mushroom chopped
- 5 Eggs
- 3 Leaves Basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon Butter for pan
- In a skillet warm up your preferred oil or butter and add in the onions, cook on medium heat.
- Once the onions are about 2-3 minutes in add in the portobello mushrooms and cook until both are tender and caramelized. About 5-6 minutes.
- Place your veggies on the side and add the eggs to the pan and scramble.
- Top the eggs with veggies and fresh chopped basil.