Dye Free Memorial Day – Strawberry, Pineapple, & Blueberry Ice Cream | Vegan and Dairy Free
I love making fun food for everyone too enjoy and I admit I used to use food dye in the past. Food Dye doesn’t only make our children hyperactive and not themselves, but it can cause a slew of medical issues now and later. That’s just not a risk I’m willing to take. Besides, we don’t need food dyes to make food fun or delicious.
I’ll never forget thinking red velvet cake was better than any other cake, and then when I tried to make it I NEVER wanted to eat it again. I was completely disgusted how much dye it took to actually achieve the red color.
Memorial Day is a great day to celebrate with family and celebrate all the incredible men and women who have served for our country. I cannot imagine not seeing someone in my family for years, not having them around for a birthday party, holidays, or even their own child’s birth. The sacrifices they make are never ending, we thank you for ALL that you do not just what you’re doing now.
Now instead of serving those we love a bunch of dye filled goods lets try something a little bit better, and even more delicious! How about Dye Free Memorial Day – Strawberry, Pineapple, & Blueberry Ice Cream Vegan and Dairy Free too! What’s even more exciting is this is all organic too! You control all the ingredients! Hooray for getting delicious produce for dessert 🙂
- 1 Pineapple, cut up and frozen
- 3 Extra Ripe Bananas
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 10 oz Whole Frozen Strawberries
- 10 oz Frozen Blueberries
- *Strawberry Sprinkles
- We used the Vitamix combined with the tamper for this recipe. You can try using a high speed blender, food processor or a yonana/fro frutti)
- Place 1 ripe banana, 1 frozen banana, and pineapple into the blender. Blend until combined and place in a freezer safe bowl in the freezer.
- Rinse blender and then combine 1 ripe banana, 1 frozen banana, and blueberries, also place in a bowl in freezer.
- Rinse blender again and place in 1 ripe banana with strawberries, blend until combined and place in bowl in freezer.
- Dish out ice cream when you're ready to serve.
Note: It's best to serve within 2 hours to scoop easily or it may become too stiff in the freezer. Let it thaw a little before scooping if that's an issue.
Kay was a big fan of this healthy and colorful ice cream. She loves to enjoy a cold treat, who doesn’t? I figured I’d take a few pictures of her eating the ice cream and she’d be done within a minute or two.. Sweet Girl sat there for 7 minutes chowing down!
I feel better about the choices I make for her and our friends and family. We’re excited to see the Memorial Day parade tomorrow and enjoy fresh ice cream with our friends and family. I think my favorite part of Memorial Day is being together, and hoping that everyone is with their family too.
Once again, thank you to all of you that sacrifice so much on a daily basis, God bless!