Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal makes for the perfect fall breakfast. Rolled oats cooked with tender freshly cooked apples, a hint of cinnamon, sweetened with maple syrup, and a little bit of oat milk to add creaminess.
- 2 apples
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup oat milk
Chop the apples into small bite-size pieces.
Place the apples into a saucepan and then add in the water and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and cook the apples until desired tenderness, then scoop them out from the water and set aside.
Pour the oatmeal into the saucepan with the water from cooking the apples, bring to a boil and then reduce cooking for a total of 4-5 minutes, stirring as needed.
Once the oatmeal is just about finished cooking add in the maple syrup, apples that you set aside, and oat milk. Stir to combine.
Serve while warm with more oat milk if desired.
- You can use whatever apples you have on hand. We prefer more of a firm apple, not a softer apple like McIntosh.
- Cinnamon is one of our favorite warm spices, you could also add nutmeg, cloves, or even pumpkin spice or apple pie spice.You can use gluten-free oatmeal or traditional rolled oats. You could also use steel-cut oats if you have more time to cook.
- If you cannot use maple syrup or do not like it you could use your preferred sweetener.
- Use your favorite plant-based milk to keep this apple cinnamon oatmeal vegan or you can use regular dairy if desired.
- Save the apple core and any apple scraps to add to your next simmer pot or compost them.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 288mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg