Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect treat for any special occasion. Bonus, these vegan cookies are freezer friendly.
Servings 24 cookies
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
Using a stand mixer combine the butter and sugars, beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Mix in the applesauce and vanilla and set aside.
In a separate bowl combine the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in small portions until combined. Then add in the chocolate chips and dried cherries.
Once combined cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and remove the cookie dough from the fridge, let it sit at room temperature while the oven comes up to temperature if you left it in the fridge overnight.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Use a cookie scoop to measure out the cookie dough. Place the cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden around the edges.
Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then you can transfer to a cooling rack.
- Do not bake the cookies until the oven is preheated. To ensure your oven is cooking at the correct temperature we suggest using an oven thermometer to check.
- Don't over bake the cookies. They will continue to cook after you remove them from the oven.
- If you like a chewier and softer cookie use all brown sugar instead of the cane sugar. (That would mean 1 1/3 cups brown sugar)
- Our favorite tip for cookies is letting them get puffy while baking and then carefully dropping the cookie sheet onto a counter or floor. It makes the cookie flatten and makes for a chewy and delicious cookie. Please be careful while doing this, if you have a fragile counter or floor, or fragile yourself - you can allow the cookies to slowly sink on their own as they cool.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 376IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg