Easy Minestrone Soup
Our Easy Minestrone Soup is packed with nutrient-dense produce. This soup recipe is perfect for winter, spring, summer, or fall. Toss in your favorite seasonal vegetables to bulk it up even more.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion minced
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini cut in half, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 1/2 tsp fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 15 oz tomato sauce canned or homemade
- 1 can Northern Beans
- 1 bunch swiss chard stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 cup ditalini pasta cooked al dente
- salt to taste if needed
In a dutch oven warm the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add in the onion, carrots, and zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are turning translucent and vegetables have started to soften.
Add the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes and sautee for a minute or two.
Pour in vegetable broth, tomato sauce, and beans and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, reduce the heat and cover. Simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are fully cooked.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions for al dente and drain.
Add the swiss chard to the soup about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve soup with a few spoonfuls of pasta added and topped with chopped fresh basil.
- This soup makes about 6-8 servings, you can easily double it and freeze a batch for later.
- We used vegan gluten-free pasta for this recipe, you can use regular pasta if you do not have issues with gluten.
- Cook the pasta separately to keep it al dente and not overcooked. Store it in the fridge with a little olive oil to keep it fresh if needed.
- Add in your favorite seasonal vegetables, this is a great clean out the fridge soup.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4015IU | Vitamin C: 15.4mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 0.9mg