Blueberry Pancakes with fresh blueberries is a must make breakfast recipe. Double the batch to have extras to freeze for later.
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup milk (minus 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (can use butter or other oil)
- fresh blueberries
Place the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder into a large bowl and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the milk and vinegar (or lemon juice) and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
Mix the buttermilk mixture, maple syrup, vanilla, egg, and coconut oil into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk until fully combined.
Let pancake batter rest for 5 minutes once mixed so the baking powder can fully activate.
Once the batter is ready to cook, heat a skillet with a little coconut oil or butter.
Place 1/3 cup of pancake batter onto the pan and top with a few blueberries.
Gently flip the pancake once ready and cook until both sides are browned.
- you can use buttermilk if you have it on hand, otherwise, use the buttermilk substitute.
- to make these dairy free you can use coconut milk, almond milk, or soy milk, these will all work with the buttermilk substitute method as well.
- if you don't want to add maple syrup into the mix you can use your preferred sweetener.
- frozen blueberries will work in this recipe, just use the same amount as you would fresh. add flavor additions like fresh citrus zest, lemon or orange works well.
- keep cooked pancakes warm in the oven while you're making the rest - we keep them warm in our oven at 250 degrees F.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 1.5mg