Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Learn how to make Chocolate Covered Strawberries with our easy step by step video and post. These strawberries are perfect for Valentine's Day or when you want a sweet treat. They're allergy-friendly, vegan and gluten-free!
- 10 oz enjoy life chocolate chunks
- 1 lb strawberries
Wash the strawberries and then lay them on a cookie sheet with a towel to dry. Let them air dry for about 30 minutes to ensure they're completely dry.
While the strawberries are drying in the last 10 minutes you can start melting the chocolate.
Take a small saucepan and add a little bit of water, place a glass or stainless steel bowl over the pot and make sure the water isn't touching the bowl, if so remove some of the water.
Place the saucepan on the stove and bring the water to a low boil on medium-low heat. Add the chocolate to the bowl. Once the water is lightly boiling you can reduce to simmer or even turn off if you're using an electric or induction top.
Stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula to ensure it's melting evenly, once the chocolate is melted pour the chocolate into a small container so you can easily dip the strawberries.
To dip the strawberries pick the strawberry up and pull the leaves back in your fingers and then dip the strawberry into the chocolate. Transfer the chocolate dipped strawberries to a silicone mat or parchment-lined baking sheet.
Once all the strawberries are dipped place the baking sheet into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
The strawberries can be served as is or with any toppings you prefer.
- Serving size will depend on how many strawberries in the package and the type of chocolate and toppings used.
- Make sure your bowl is dry before melting the chocolate, water will cause the chocolate to seize up and get pasty.
- Let the strawberries completely dry as well, if you dip them wet the chocolate will seize and not stick to the strawberries
- You could also dip other fruit like apples or pineapple.
- If you want to enjoy the chocolates with melted chocolate you can just serve and dip into the melted chocolate.
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg