Creamy and delicious Mashed Carrots make for a great side dish on the table. You can serve them instead of mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup macadamia nut milk
- 1 pinch salt
Scrub the carrots clean using a vegetable brush, peel the carrots if desired, however it's not necessary if scrubbed well.
Chop the carrots into chunks and then place them into a large pot with water. Bring the water to a boil and cook the carrots for 15 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
Once the carrots are cooked strain the water out of the pot. Pour the cooked carrots into your blender and then add in the butter, milk, and salt. Blend using the tamper tool.
Serve carrots as desired.
- We use plant-based milk and butter, you can adapt to your diet preference.
- Try making them without the butter, more milk, and a little salt and cumin, delicious spread over meatloaf.
- Flavor to your liking, make savory or sweet.
- Only use fresh carrots, we recommend using whole carrots over baby carrots.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 269mg | Potassium: 544mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 29136IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg