Healthy Banana Muffins
Our Healthy Banana Muffins are a great grab and go treat. They taste like dessert, but it's like enjoying a bowl of oatmeal in a muffin wrapper! These healthy muffins are vegan, gluten free, plant based, and oil free.
- 1 1/4 cup banana mashed
- 1/3 cup oat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional - not included in nutrition calculator due to various types of chocolate)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper liners or reusable silicone liners and set aside.
In a bowl combine the bananas, oat milk, and vanilla then set aside.
In another bowl combine the oat flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Fold in the rolled oats and optional chocolate chips.
Use a cookie scoop to place the batter into the lined muffin pan.
Top muffins with rolled oats and chocolate chips if desired, you could also do a crumble topping.
Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool the muffins on a baking rack and enjoy warm or cold.
- Make oat flour in advance so you can easily make these muffins whenever you want.
- You can use any plant-based milk or even water in this recipe.
- If the muffins stick to your liners we suggest these unbleached parchement paper liners - they're the best we've tested!
- Add your favorite mix-ins or toppings, even let the kids pick their favorite.
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 days at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 259mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg