Chocolate Covered Bananas
Chocolate Covered Bananas are the perfect frozen dessert! Overripe bananas paired with homemade chocolate using coconut oil and cacao powder topped with our favorite superfood toppings.
- 5 bananas
- 1 cup coconut oil refined
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- toppings of choice
Peel the bananas and then slice in half.
Place the bananas onto a silicone mat on a baking sheet.
Insert a popsicle stick into the bottom of each banana half.
Freeze the bananas for 3-4 hours.
Once bananas are frozen solid dip into your homemade chocolate.
Right after dipping sprinkle your bananas with your desired superfood toppings.
- Use overripe bananas for a sweeter chocolate-covered banana.
- Use any leftover chocolate to make bite-size treats by slicing the bananas instead of making into pops.
- To keep the chocolate neutral in taste and not like coconut purchase refined coconut oil.
- Store chocolate covered bananas in the freezer for up to 1 month in an airtight container lined with unbleached parchment paper so they don't stick together.
- You can use either a reusable silicone mat or parchment paper to prevent bananas from sticking to the sheet pan.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg