Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp brings the combo of tart rhubarb and sweet strawberries into a delicious vegan dessert with a gluten free crumble topping.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Resting time 20 minutes
Strawberry Rhubarb Mix
- 4 cups rhubarb ½ inch thick slices
- 1 pound strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick vegan butter softened
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup all purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- coconut whipped topping and mint for garnish optional
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, toss the rhubarb and strawberries with sugar.
Add the vanilla and stir until well combined.
Transfer the rhubarb and strawberry mixture to a greased 9x13 baking dish.
Meanwhile, combine all crumble topping ingredients in a large bowl using a fork or your fingers to mix everything until crumbs begin to form.
Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the fruit mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is nicely browned.
Allow the crisp to cool and set for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- You can thicken the rhubarb strawberry sauce by adding 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch when mixing before baking.
- If the crumble topping seems dry, you can add a little more coconut oil.
- Want to halve this recipe? It will bake perfectly in an 8x8 baking dish.
- This recipe will make a lot of crumble topping. Feel free to use a smaller amount if you want less.
Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 60g | Vitamin A: 9.7% | Vitamin C: 37.1% | Calcium: 9.4% | Iron: 8.9%