Shirazi Salad is a must make Persian Salad Recipe that is full of flavor! This side dish salad is very similar to Israeli Salad, which is cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 minute
Total Time 11 minutes
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/2 small Red Onion
- 1-2 tablespoons Parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mint 1/2 - 1 tablespoon if using dried
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil extra virgin
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper
Wash the vegetables and herbs.
Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and then start finely dicing the tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and herbs.
Once you have chopped all of the vegetables place them into a large bowl to mix.
Combine the oil, lemon juice, and pepper.
Drizzle with the salad dressing, then you can start seasoning with salt to taste.
- Make this salad in advance allowing the citrus dressing to get into the veggies.
- When it sits in the refrigerator the peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes, will release some water, this is normal.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the desired amount if you do not want the liquid.
- We recommend using Persian Cucumbers or English Cucumbers as these are "seedless" and the skin isn't as tough as a regular cucumber.
- If you need to use a regular cucumber remove the skin and scoop out the seeds.
- Add in some chickpeas for protein.
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 6.4% | Vitamin C: 18.6% | Calcium: 1.8% | Iron: 2.1%