Vegan Stuffing using day-old bread, vegan parmesan cheese, mushrooms, artichokes, faux chicken broth, and seasonings. This plant-based stuffing recipe is a hit!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1 loaf bread
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 oz vegan parmesan cheese
- 2 cups vegan no chicken broth
- 14 oz artichoke hearts quartered, cut in half (we use frozen and defrost)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Slice the bread into bite-size cubes and place onto a baking sheet. Bake the bread for about 15-20 minutes, until it's crunchy and can just about be crumbled between your fingers.
While the bread is roasting in the oven start prepping the other ingredients.
In a large skillet combine the butter, celery, onion, mushrooms, artichokes, and seasonings. Stir occasionally and cook until the vegetables are tender.
Once the bread is done pour it into a large bowl. Pour the vegetable mixture and broth over the bread. Add in the vegan parmesan cheese and mix well.
Dump the stuffing mix into a large baking dish.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered.
- Add in your favorite veggies, love Brussels sprouts or asparagus? go ahead and add it in. The same goes for not liking an ingredient, for example not a fan of mushrooms? You can leave them out and swap for your favorite mild-flavored vegetable.
- Not a fan of parmesan cheese? Leave it out. This recipe is just as delicious without it as it is with it.
- If you don't want the hassle of chopping and baking the bread you can find already bread cubed at more supermarkets, be sure to get one without seasonings and flavorings.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 724mg | Potassium: 256mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 885IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 2.6mg