Oat Milk Recipe
Try our Oat Milk Recipe and learn how to make oat milk like a pro with our step by step photos and video!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- water for soaking
- 3 1/2 cups water for blending
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Place the rolled oats into a large bowl and cover with water.
Soak the oats for 30 minutes to reduce the phytic acid.
Once the oats are done with soaking drain and rinse them with clean water.
Discard the water that you used to soak the oats.
Place the rinsed and drained oats into a high-speed blender with 3 1/2 cups of water and blend for 30 seconds.
Once the oats are blended pour them into a nut milk bag placed over a bowl.
Gently squeeze the oat milk out of the nut milk bag. Start squeezing from the top of the bag to the bottom.
Stop squeezing once you feel the milk coming out is getting slimy.
Pour the milk into your favorite glass bottle to refrigerate and enjoy within 4 days.
how to make flavored oat milk
- do not over soak the oats, it will end up slimy
- do not use quick oats
- you can use your favorite sweetener if you do not like maple syrup
- if you want a creamier consistency use less water, this makes an excellent creamer for coffee
- plain oat milk - no flavorings, just oats, and water.
- vanilla oat milk - salt, vanilla, maple syrup
- strawberry oat milk -salt, vanilla, strawberry syrup
- chocolate oat milk - salt, vanilla, maple syrup, cocoa
Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 48mg | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.3mg