Pancake Muffins are portable pancakes that make for a grab and go breakfast. Top with your favorite fruit or even chocolate chips!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup milk minus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil can use butter or other oil
- fresh blueberries
- fresh strawberries chopped
- chocolate chips mini
- banana sliced
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease your muffin pan or use muffin liners to line the pan.
Place the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder into a large bowl and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the milk and vinegar (or lemon juice) and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
Mix the buttermilk mixture, maple syrup, vanilla, egg, and coconut oil into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk until fully combined.
Once the batter is mixed well you can scoop about 1/4 cup of batter in a greased muffin tin to bake.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Pancake muffins are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- you can use muffin cups or even silicone muffin cups.
- you can omit the cinnamon in the recipe, but we think it gives it a nice flavor.
- if you're using our pancake muffins recipe you'll notice that they rise nicely, but don't overflow the pan.
- top with your favorite preserves, fruit syrup, butter spread, and of course maple syrup.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 2.6mg