This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeyondTheSandwich #CollectiveBias
We eat salad every night. My wife tends to make salads filled with vegetables, but I like some meat in my salad. Instead of eating a hoagie or sub sandwich I enjoy my salad sub-style. I put everything that I would add in my sandwich into my salad. The options are endless, and the final result is always a win for everyone.
With this recipe, you can make everyone a salad and leave peppers off for the kids. A great alternative to the peppers would be pickles.
If you like sandwiches and you’re trying to cut out bread this year, this recipe is a winner. If you don’t like salads, you may just love them now.
While shopping at Walmart, I picked up some pre-sliced Castle Wood Reserve® Meats. The meat is high quality and even our daughter who is picky with food devoured a rollup that I had going for the salad. That’s a win in my book.
They have NO
Having a lot of no’s are important in our purchases. We can purchase Castle Wood Reserve® with confidence for our family and friends too. Make this salad for one or ten!
They offer the following options:
- Honey Cured Ham
- Smoked Virginia Ham
- Oven Roasted Chicken Breast
- Smoked Honey Turkey
- Oven Roasted Turkey
- Angus Seasoned Roast Beef Top Round
For our salad, I went with ham and turkey. You can easily take this salad to work, parties, and of course, it’s great at dinner time for a complete meal.
Why go for the prepackaged? It’s much easier for me when I’m on the go. I hate lines, and I appreciate the perfect cuts. It’s a premium product for sure. This recipe will feed four people, but you can quickly adapt to less or more.
- 4 Slices Castle Wood Reserve® Smoked Virgina Ham
- 4 Castle Wood Reserve® Oven Roasted Turkey
- 4 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 Heads of Romaine, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- banana peppers
- Lay the turkey on a plate and top with ham and then cheese.
- Roll the meat up and slice into bite size pieces.
- Place the romaine lettuce on a plate and top with rollups.
- Mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- Pour over the salad.
- Top salad with banana peppers and serve.
Find Castle Wood Reserve® Meats at your local Walmart.